The Derbes Law Firm handles real estate transactions and title work in the Greater New Orleans area. This enables us to better assist you with your real estate litigation. Likewise, understanding real estate litigation improves the negotiation and documentation of real estate transactions. All ten of the firm’s attorneys are notaries public, and the firm has two non-attorney notaries on staff. Our attorneys will handle your personal, as well as your commercial, real estate needs.
The Derbes Law Firm’s team of real estate attorneys advises on a wide range of real estate transactions, including lease negotiations, contracts to purchase, sale agreements, and financing real estate acquisitions. The Derbes Law Firm is capable of handling one-off real estate issues. The firm also assists with real estate issues when they arise in Bankruptcy, Business Disputes, Business Transactions, or Successions, which can include boundary disputes, partition actions, or lien releases. Whether you are looking for a title opinion, are involved in a property dispute, or are looking to buy or sell real estate, the Derbes Law Firm is ready and able to assist.
The Derbes Law Firm’s real estate practice team consists of two members who are also title insurance agents, being members of Derbes Title, LLC. Derbes Title, LLC and the Derbes Law Firm, LLC work regularly with Nola Title Group, LLC, a full-service real estate title company for the provision of mortgagee and owner’s title insurance, as well as in connection with the handling of many of our closings.
The Derbes Law Firm has decades of experience in commercial and residential real estate, including representing buyers and sellers (individuals and businesses) in real estate transactions, condominium associations, bankruptcy trustees and creditors, as well as acting as closing notaries in numerous transactions.
The Derbes Law Firm’s results for clients have included the following:
- Represented Seller in connection with the negotiation of a real estate purchase agreement and eventual sale of commercial property on the Mississippi River for $40 million.
- Acted as escrow agent for release of funds in exchange for lien releases in connection with the replacement of multiple roofs for Metairie condominium.
- Represented numerous property owners in litigation regarding diverse and sometimes complex matters, including condemnation, servitudes, rights of use, rights of habitation, alleyways, boundaries
- Represented seller in sale of historic well-known New Orleans building
- Successfully obtained tax sale redemption of real estate owned by a succession and facilitated settlement between siblings involving succession and personal property
- Condominium Association