You should consider The Derbes Law Firm to handle your commercial and business litigation for several reasons.
- First, because we do transactional work, we understand (a) what can wrong with a transaction, and (b) how a settlement in the form of a new transaction might be structured to avoid costly litigation.
- Second, we can litigate efficiently because of both our nimble size and emphasis on technology.
- Third, our primary practice areas focus on business related legal issues in which we are experienced, which sets us apart from other law firms which emphasize non-business practice areas, such as personal injury, insurance defense, criminal law and divorce.
- Fourth, the Derbes Law Firm frequently finds creative ways to settle disputes prior to a lawsuit being filed and without the expense of a mediator.
- Fifth, we litigate many substantive areas, including bankruptcy; business interruption claims; breach of contracts; commercial collections; real estate; employment disputes; foreclosures; Oil, Gas and Water Well liens; construction disputes, including the Private Works Act and the Public Works Act; entity control issues; entity liquidation; and buy/sell agreements;
- Finally, we litigate anywhere in Louisiana: State, Federal, Arbitration, Tax or Bankruptcy Court. We handle administrative hearings (including representation before professional boards), arbitrations and appeals. Not only can we follow a dispute wherever the matter takes us, but experience in each of these venues improves the likelihood of success.